27 February 2020

Art With Heart February 2020 Masculine Blog Hop




Welcome to another Creative Showcase with the Art With Heart Team.


This month we are featuring Masculine themed projects. We have many masculine themed products in the Stampin’ Up! range including Stamp Sets and coordinating Dies, Designer Series Papers, Embellishments and Embossing Folders. Art With Heart Team have a wonderful selection of projects to inspire you to create Masculine Masterpieces



I’ve created three cards using the Tropical Oasis Suite which is from the 2020 Mini Catalogue. I just adore the retro tropical images, the DSP, Coastal Weave Embossing Folder, Braided Burlap Trim and there is so much more in the suite.


My cards are based on the colours used in the DSP, I've used Soft Suede, Pretty Peacock, Pool Party, Old Olive, Pear Pizzazz and Crumb Cake. These colours say masculine to me.



I’ve created my own palm tree DSP in Pretty Peacock with Ink and Cardstock. Layered over the embossed Cardstock in Pretty Peacock using the Coastal Weave 3D Embossing Folder and then I ran the ink pad over the embossed piece, giving it more definition.


The Stitched So Sweetly Dies are also from the Mini Catalogue, I’ve used the larger die and sponged Pretty Peacock Ink on the edges.


I like to add many different elements and textures to finish off my card.


This card I’ve created using the Petina Technique, I started off sponging Ink in Pool Party, Pretty Peacock, Soft Suede onto a piece of Whisper White Cardstock. I’ve embossed it with the Coastal Weave 3D Embossing Folder, dab it with Versamark and heat embossed it with Copper Stampin' Emboss Powder.



The added layers for the card are from the Timeless Tropical Bundle, Tropical Oasis DSP, Tropical Oasis Trinkets and Braided Burlap Trim. 





They are all layered over the Stitched So Sweetly Die in Soft Suede. I had also lightly sponged ink onto the tropical flower and leaves.



The last card is using the Tropical Oasis Memories & More Card Pack I’ve used one of the larger card fronts, softly sponged Crumb Cake Ink onto the card and layered on top of Soft Suede card base. 



                                                                                      

The Stitched So Sweetly Dies are used again, but this time I’ve used two of them. One is in Soft Suede, the other in Crumb Cake and sponging ink to each of the die cut pieces. Layering a few more items from the suite and then you’ve completed another card.



As you can see that by using the same suite, plus a few other items from the Mini Catalogue the ideas are endless for a masculine card.


Catherine Proctor

The next demonstrator to share their Masculine project with you is the very talented Catherine Proctor





If you have a broken link or have come to this blog hop midway, you can view all the participants below:



Christina Barnes

Kate Morgan

Andrea Sargent

Sharon Davern

Tina Gillespie

Vicki Boucher

Catherine Proctor

Rachel Woollard

Rebecca Jacovou

Sujatha Harding

Michele Taylor

Caroline Manwaring



Product List



Stamps: Timeless Tropical and Label Me Bold

Dies: In the Tropics and Stitched So Sweetly

Cardstock/Paper: Pretty Peacock, Soft Suede, Very Vanilla, Crumb Cake, Whisper White and Tropical Oasis Designer Series Paper

Ink: Soft Suede, Pretty Peacock, Pool Party, Old Olive, Pear Pizzazz and Crumb Cake

Colouring Tools: Sponge Daubers, Heat Tool and Copper Stampin’ Emboss Powder

Other Stampin’ Up! Products: Coastal Weave 3D Embossing Folder, Tropical Oasis Trinkets, Tropical Oasis Memories & More Card Pack, 5/16” Braided Burlap Trim

9 comments:

  1. Oh my goodness Vicki your colour palettes are so sophisticated and your cards are simply stunning xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wonderful cards with this suite of products and great technique with the Patina style. I also love the use of the Stitched So Sweetly dies, fantastic!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous cards Vicki. Love the Patina technique for the background and the various formats you have created for fellas. Your cards show how versatile the Tropical suite can be.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely tropical cards Vicki. Love the colours.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Vicki your cards are so fantastic, I love how you have used the embossing folders and rubbed the ink on it and then heat embossed the second one to get that added dimension. Great techniques! The third card is striking in it's old world almost 1920's Great Gatsby charm. Love it! Any male would love your cards!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love your cards, and I love this suite too!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Vicki, I love the depth of colour you've achieved on your Pretty Peacock card. The Petina technique on your second card is so very effective. And lastly, I love the almost suede/leather look on your third card. Great cards!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I know this is an older post, but I'm super in love with these cards you made with the darker tone on tone look. Just had to say they stood out in a sea of cards while searching for some inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much for your lovely comment. I really loved creating with this suite and the tone on tone look.

      Delete