26 February 2020

Colour INKspiration #72 Challenge





Tonight, is the latest Colour INKspiration Challenge #72 and this stunning photo is our inspiration. The colours for the challenge are Bermuda Bay, Grapefruit Grove, Pretty Peacock and Calypso Coral. I just love the shimmer of the colours in the photo and this is why I’ve created a under the sea, Mermaid card. You can also add Basic Black, Whisper White, Very Vanilla and metallics. We also allow ‘Ivory’ and ‘Bronze’ in the Stampin’ Blends. If you don't have all the colour palette, feel free to use the closest SU substitute (ie: Pumpkin Pie instead of Calypso Coral).




This challenge runs for almost 2 weeks and will end at 7pm (AEST) on 9th March 2020. I hope you’ll enter into the Colour INKspiration Challenge, we would love to see your creation. 



For my card I’ve used the Magical Mermaid Stamp Set which is from the Annual Stampin’ Up! Catalogue 2019 – 2020. I haven’t used this set for awhile now and using different colours brings it back to life. 




To create this card, I started with a panel of Shimmery White Cardstock, sponged Bermuda Bay & Pretty Peacock ink with a Sponge Dauber. Blending the two colours together, until I was happy with the look. I then added a few drops of Bermuda Bay Pigment Sprinkles onto a Clear Block, mix with water and using my Aqua Painter, I flicked droplets of ink onto the Shimmery White Cardstock. 




The next step was to add the Gold Embossed stamped images of seaweed over the deep sea panel using Gold Stampin' Emboss Powder and heat set. On another piece of Shimmery White Cardstock for the mermaid image, I embossed her with Gold Stampin’ Emboss Powder, heat set with the Heat Tool and water coloured the mermaid in using the four challenge colours. The skin of the mermaid is using the Ivory Stampin' Blend and Color Lifter. 




I wanted to create some magical sand to the card, so I’ve used a mix of Bermuda Bay Pigment Sprinkles with Bermuda Bay Ink, added to the Embossing Paste on a palette and mix with a Palette Knife. I layered the blue/green paste onto the Cardstock with the Palette Knife and before it would dry up, I sprinkled Stampin’ Glitter and coloured sequins to the Paste. 




I like the raised look for the mermaid and sentiment, so I used Stampin’ Dimensionals. I added extra sequins floating around the mermaid in the water. The card base is Bermuda Bay with a panel of Grapefruit Grove to highlight the orange tones throughout the card. I think this colour combination is just so stunning together. What do you think?



Make sure you visit our Facebook group to enter the competition, we would love to see how you would use this latest colour challenge.



Click here at Colour INKSpiration Facebook group to take part and upload the photo of your creation. You don’t need a blog to enter either. Share with your crafty friends, so they can join in with the challenges too.



Hope to see you there!



Thank you for stopping by today.



Happy Crafting



Vicki Boucher



To purchase any of these products that I’ve used today, you can click on my direct links above or visit my  Online Store here .



Product List

Ink: Bermuda Bay, Grapefruit Grove, Pretty Peacock and Calypso Coral

Cardstock: Bermuda Bay, Grapefruit Grove, Whisper White and Shimmery White

Stamp Set: Magical Mermaid

Embellishments: Woven Threads Sequin Assortment, Iridescent Sequin Assortment and Gingham Gala Adhesive-backed Sequins

Colouring Tools: Stampin’ Blends – Ivory and Color Lifter, Aqua Painter, Versamark, Embossing Buddy, Heat Tool, Gold Stampin’ Emboss Powder, Sponge Daubers, Stampin’ Glitter, Embossing Paste and Palette Knives

1 comment: