07 March 2022

Creation Station blog hop - Rainbow Rearrange

 


Hello and welcome it's Sunday or should I say a very early start to Monday morning here in Melbourne, Australia. This is the latest hop with the design team at Creation Station, if you have come from Dani Dziama who is from America or you may of started with me. Please make sure you hop around and see everyone's amazing projects. I'll pop a link at the end of my blog....

The design team at Creation Station are presenting their projects with the theme "Rainbow Rearrange" the challenge is all about rethinking, reimagining, flipping, or recoloring the traditional rainbow. I went for something a little bit different and decided on a pink rainbow with a twist.




I've used the Brilliant Rainbow Dies which is part of the Rainbow of Happiness bundle in the Stampin' Up! January to June 2022 Mini Catalogue. I haven't used the larger Rainbow die and I thought the Stampin' Blends alcohol technique would be perfect with this image.

I've used one of my favourite Stampin' Up! colors Polished Pink, I just love the bright happy colour and it's perfect with black and white. If you haven't tried the Stampin' Blends alcohol technique here's a few tips on how to do it.




You'll need Vellum Cardstock, Stampin' Blends (brighter the better), Isopropyl alcohol, ear syringe, a shot glass or bowl and a painters brush. This is such a fun technique to try out. I used both the light and dark brush end of the Polished Pink Stampin' Blends and added ink to the sheet of Vellum. Then with the painters brush I added the alcohol to the Vellum and used the ear syringe to puff air and move the alcohol around the Vellum. 

Once the Polished Pink Rainbow was die-cut out, I then also die-cut out a Basic White Rainbow and layered it under the pink rainbow. This makes the rainbow stronger when adding the pieces to the Basic White panel.



I also used the mini Rainbow boarder die for a pretty soft pink to go under the Basic White panel. To achieve a soft pink I first coloured a strip of Basic White Cardstock with Polished Pink Ink and the Blending Brush. Then I die-cut out two pieces using the mini Rainbow boarder. 




To go with the different shades of pinks I went with the Black and White paper from the Pattern Party Designer Series Paper which is in the hostess section of the Annual Catlogue and there's 48 sheets of this amazing paper. I used the Cloud Punch and punched out two spotty clouds to layer over the Rainbow. 




I needed a birthday card so I used the sentiment from the Artistically Inked Stamp Set and heat embossed White Stampin' Emboss Powder onto Basic Black Cardstock. To finish off I added Black/White Baker's Twine and Polished Pink Jewels to the card.

Now it's time to visit the very creative Barb Pfeffer to visit her blog. I'm looking forward to reading all about her creations. Just click on the next link below.




I would so love hear your thoughts on my project by leaving a comment below.

If you would like a copy of the new Stampin' Up! Mini January to June 2022 Catalogue and Annual Catalogue 2021 - 2022 please contact me here

If you live in Australia and don't have a demonstrator, you can purchase any of the Stampin' Up! products by shopping with me at my online store here.

Happy Stamping

Vicki Boucher


5 comments:

  1. I love how you've used the Alcohol Blends Technique here. Fabulous card x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wonderful card! Love the polished pink with the black and white details!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is so bright and cheerful! I love the twine.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Always love black/White with Brights! Great card 🌺☕

    ReplyDelete
  5. Stunning, Vicki. The pop of Polished Pink is divine and the cutest of clouds! D x

    ReplyDelete