11 April 2020

Social Stamping Blog Host - Rainbows



Hello and welcome,

Today, from the Social Stampers we are sharing our creations with the theme “Rainbows” for this week. I just love Rainbows! They bring a smile to my face and the colours are just gorgeous together. When my family and I go out for walks around our neighborhood, I've seen lots of hand drawn Rainbows in the windows of houses or on the footpath. Children have been drawing them and displaying their creations which makes everyone's day that little bit happier.






I feel that Rainbows bring us magic and that’s why I’ve used the unicorn stamp from the Leave A Little Sparkle Stamp Set. I think the two go nicely together. What do you think? I’ve used the embossed resist technique with White Stampin’ Emboss Powder onto Fluid 100 Watercolor Paper and heat set with the Heat Tool.



I spritzed water with the Stampin’ Spritzer onto the watercolor paper and then I added the colours to the paper. The colours I’ve used are Poppy Parade, Mango Melody, Pineapple Punch, Call Me Clover, Blueberry Bushel, Gorgeous Grape and Highland Heather. I've used three clear blocks for the ink and I added like colours together on the block. The yellows together, blue & green together and purples together. I used the Aqua Painter, applied the ink to the watercolor paper and blending the colours until I was happy.



I’ve added some sequins to the card using the rainbow colours, the sentiment is in White Stampin’  Emboss Powder and heat set onto Basic Black Cardstock.



You’ll want to see everyone’s amazing creations who have taken part in the latest Social Stamping Blog Host. You can click here to see the list of names or please click on the next button to see Chloe Evans gorgeous project.

 Chloe


Thanks for stopping by today!

Happy Crafting

Vicki Boucher

Product List

Ink: Poppy Parade, Mango Melody, Pineapple Punch, Call Me Clover, Blueberry Bushel, Gorgeous Grape and Highland Heather
Cardstock: Whisper White, Basic Black and Fluid 100 Watercolor Paper
Stamps: Leave A Little Sparkle
Colouring Tools: Aqua Painter, Stampin’ Spritzer, White Stampin’ Emboss Powder, Versamark, Heat Tool and Embossing Buddy
Embellishments: Iridescent Sequins Assortment and Woven Threads Sequin Assortment
Other Stampin’ Up! Products: 3 clear blocks and Whisper White Solid Baker’s Twine


10 comments:

  1. This card is gorgeous Vicki my daughter would be eyeing that off if it was in my craft room x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Totally agree - the Rainbow and Unicorn do go together nicely. A beautifully blended Rainbow. Chantell

    ReplyDelete
  3. ooooooh this is glorious! I love the rainbow of the watercolour wash and the sequins are the perfect finishing touch! Love love love.

    ReplyDelete
  4. The perfect rainbow background to go with the unicorn. Beautiful. My daughter would love it.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Unicorns & magic are a perfect combination! Beautiful way to express a rainbow! Kelly x

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a gorgeous card. I love the watercolour background with the white embossing. Perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  7. beautiful watercolour background Vicki- I do love the fluid 100 paper even if it is a little pricey, it does give a beautiful finish. Your white embossed unicorn sits so well with the background, Love it

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love your card Vicki, the unicorn looks fabulous white-embossed on the rainbow x

    ReplyDelete