13 June 2020

Social Stamping Blog Host - Travel



Welcome to the latest Social Stamping Bog Host, this week we will be sharing our creations with the theme Travel. Thank you to Kelly Kent for organizing another amazing blog hop and with all these amazing women. Make sure you check out everyone’s blog to see their creations.



Oh how I would love to go away somewhere nice and warm on a holiday at the moment. Melbourne's weather has been so chilly lately, so a nice tropical island would be amazing! Times are very different with not even being able to travel outside of Victoria at the moment, hopefully one day this will change.

In Color 2020-2022 Magenta Madness


My card can be my dream that I'm on a tropical island and watching the beautiful colours of the sunset. I've used one of the new In Colors Magenta Madness it's such a pretty pink, I love it so much! The colours that I've used for the watercolour scene starting with the water are Coastal Cabana and Bermuda Bay. For the sky I've used So Saffron, Mango Melody and Magenta Madness blending the colours together with the new Water Painters using the large flat brush apply ink onto the Watercolor Paper. The new brushes are amazing, especially the flat brush.



The tropical island is from the Timeless Tropical Stamp Set and Tropics Dies, the palms are in Magenta Madness, for the flowers I've inked up a piece of Shimmery Whisper White Cardstock and using Magenta Madness and So Saffron ink to create a subtle look. The sentiment is die cut out twice and layered on a piece of Basic Back Cardstock, fussy cut out.

On the Thick Whisper White card base I've sponged a little of  Magenta Madness ink onto the Cardstock, layered with a smaller piece of Basic Black and Whisper White to finish off the card. This  gives a photograph look to the card.


Make sure you see everyone’s creative projects with the Travel theme in our latest Social Stamping Blog Host.

You can click here to see the list of names or click on the next button below to see Andrea Sargent gorgeous project.





Thanks for stopping by today, until next weekend.

Happy Stamping

Vicki Boucher




8 comments:

  1. What a fabulous colour combination for your tropical card Vicki! I too am dreaming of a warm holiday. I'd also like my Magenta Madness ink pad to arrive - I wanna be able to play with those pretty colours too! Kelly x

    ReplyDelete
  2. A tropical holiday sounds amazing at the moment as we head into our winter with no sign of being able to travel anytime soon. Your card takes me to a tropical island to find the sun x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such fun colours for your tropical island. Some warmth would be lovely right about now as it has been chilly here too. Lovely card.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Pink palm trees! AWESOME! I love your card - it is just glorious and so amazing and bright! I'm in awe! Maybe I might use my new ink pad like this too when it arrives..... I'm NOT a pink person, but you could convince me with your card!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow, a stunning card Vicki. Love your colour combination for this tropical setting. Your watercolour background is gorgeous and shown to perfection with the background layering. I'm waiting for my order to arrive - will be stalking the post man now. xxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ohh love this card the colours are so cheerful. I will be CASEing you for sure!

    ReplyDelete
  7. These colours are glorious, the Magenta Madness is so bright and mixes with the So Saffron beautifully to create the perfect tropical scene.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Stunning! Such a gorgeous card Vicki those colours look amazing! Xx

    ReplyDelete