07 June 2020

Creation Station June Blog Hop "A Man After My Own Heart"



Welcome to the latest Creation Station blog hop and today we will be sharing masculine theme cards or creations.

My projects for this theme will be combining Stampin’ Up! products from the new 2020 – 2021 Annual Catalogue. The In Good Taste Suite was on my must list in my preorder, this Suite has lots of rich textures and is so versatile. I’ve combined it with the Rooted In Nature Stamp Set which is a great set for masculine cards.


The colours I’ve used are Pretty Peacock, Early Espresso, Night of Navy and Crumb Cake. I really like Pretty Peacock for a masculine card as well as adding the more traditional colours. I’ve randomly stamped the feather stamp in Pretty Peacock Ink onto a panel of Pretty Peacock Cardstock and I’ve embossed it using the Subtle 3D Embossing Folder. Sponging around the edges of the Cardstock, this gives the card an even darker look.



The smaller panel of Pretty Peacock is embossed in the Tasteful Textile 3D Embossing Folder and I've sponge around the edges. I like to add a few different layers and elements to the card. The large tree stump image is in Early Espresso and balances well against the wood elements from the In Good Taste Elements.




I just had to use the feather stamp again, but this time on watercolor paper. To create the watercolor feathers, I’ve used Pretty Peacock & Night of Navy Ink and brushed onto the watercolor paper. 


Once dried I then stamped the image and fussy cut it out. Adding sponged ink onto the edges, so no white was showing.


The sentiment is from the Tasteful Touches Stamp Set and die cut out with the coordinating Tasteful Labels Dies. Adding the natural Linen Thread and Braded Linen Trim to finish off the card.


To complement the card, I had a few extra elements left over, so I decided to make a gift box and use one of the Stampin’ Up! Mini Shipping Boxes.

 

I added the embossed Pretty Peacock Cardstock, large tree stump image, watercolor inked up feather and wood elements. The sentiment is from the Rooted In Nature Stamp Set and fits nicely in the die from the Tasteful Labels Dies. I’ve Secured the box up with the Braded Linen Trim to finish off.


Both of these creations would make a great masculine gift.

Be sure to visit everyone’s blog and see their amazing creations for the month of June. Make sure you came back for next month, for more inspiration and to see our creations.

Now it’s time to head on over to Kathy Brown Kartak to see her amazing project.


Thanks for stopping by!

Vicki Boucher

Product List

Ink: Pretty Peacock, Early Espresso, Crumb Cake and Night of Navy

Cardstock: Pretty Peacock, Early Espresso, Crumb Cake and Fluid 100 Watercolor Paper

Stamps: Tasteful Touches and Rooted In Nature

Dies: Tasteful Labels

Embossing Folders: Subtle 3D and Tasteful Textile 3D

Ribbon/Trim: Linen Thread and Braded Linen Trim

Embellishments: In Good Taste Elements

Other Stampin’ Up! Products: Mini Shipping Boxes, Sponge Daubers and Water Painters

 


1 comment:

  1. Love your projects. The strong, rich color is perfect for a masculine card and gift.

    ReplyDelete