05 July 2020

Creation Station July Blog Hop 2020 - 2022 In Color Combos


Welcome to the latest Creation Station blog hop and today we will be sharing the new In Colors for 2020 - 2022 is the theme. 

In Colors 2020-2022


The five new In Colors are Cinnamon Cider, Just Jade, Bumblebee, Magenta Madness and Misty Moonlight. They come in a range of different mediums such as Ink, Cardstock, Ribbon, Embellishments and more.


My projects for this theme will include all of the new In Colors, Ridiculously Awesome Stamp Set (page 90 of the Annual Catalogue) which is inspired by Million Dollar Sales Achiever Ronda Wade and designed by Sean Douglass, Sara's husband. 

Ridiculously Awesome Stamp Set

I just love the bold designs of the sentiments and it was so perfect to use each of the greetings with the 2020 - 2022 In Colors.


The Bumlebee card, I've used the Medium Daisy Punch, sponging the petals with the Sponge Dauber and added tiny dots with the Stampin' Write Marker in Basic Black for the center. 


To create the watercolor inked up background panel, I've applied Bumblebee ink onto a piece of Window Sheet and spritz with water using the Stampin' Spritzer. Then smudge the Window Sheet onto the surface of the Shimmery White Cardstock until I was happy with application. 

I've added Basic Black sprigs from the Sunflowers Dies and the Black/White Baker's Twine which all balances out nicely.



The Misty Moonlight card, I've used the 2020-2022 In Color 6"x 6" DSP, sponge Misty Moonlight Ink with the Sponge Dauber onto the card base and also onto the Whisper White Stitched Circle piece. 

I've inked up the leaf stamp from the Rooted In Nature and stamped 3 times showing the different shades of Misty Moonlight. 



The Just Jade card, I've used the large bristle brush from the Water Painters, inked up the brush in Just Jade Ink and I've created wide stripes onto the panel of Shimmery White Cardstock. 


I've used Just Jade Ink for the flower stamp from the Tasteful Textile Stamp Set, coloured them in with the Just Jade Stampin' Blends and fussy cut the images out. Using the 2020-2022 In Color 6"x 6" DSP in Just Jade for the large Stitched Circle Die and also a panel of DSP place onto the card base. 

I've inked up the Sponge Dauber in Just Jade Ink and sponged the edges of the card base. This gives a darker green to the card. 



The Magenta Madness card, is a bright and fun color to play with, for this card I've a added the panel of 2020-2022 6"x 6" polka dot DSP is just so cute, so I add a wash of Magenta Madness with the wide bristle brush from the Water Painters on Shimmery White Cardstock. 


I added a layer of White Embossing Paste using the dotted mask from the Basic Pattern Decorative Masks onto the Shimmery White Cardstock. 

To finish, I added the smaller die cut images from the Many Layered Blossoms Dies, in the Magenta Madness Cardstock and the top layer in a watercolour wash of Magenta Madness on Shimmery White Cardstock.



The Cinnamon Cider card, is my last card and I so enjoyed using the large stamp images from the Celebrate Sunflowers Stamp Set. Firstly I used a panel of Shimmery White Cardstock, using the same technique as the Bumblebee card, I've applied Cinnamon Cider ink onto a piece of Window Sheet and spritz with water using the Stampin' Spritzer. Then smudge the Window Sheet onto the surface of the Shimmery White Cardstock until I was happy with application. 


The smaller sunflowers are stamped in Memento Ink onto Whisper White Cardstock and colouring them in with Cinnamon Cider Stampin' Blends. The panel of Basic Black Cardstock is embossed in the Pinewood Planks 3D Embossing Folder which compliments the greeting. 

To finish, I've sponged the Cinnamon Cider card base with the Sponge Dauber and Cinnamon Cider Ink.


Be sure to visit everyone’s blog and see their amazing creations for the month of July. Make sure you came back for next month, for more inspiration and to see our creations.

Now it’s time to head on over to Denita Wright-Smee to see her amazing project.


Thanks for stopping by!

Vicki Boucher





 

1 comment:

  1. Oh my goodness, you nailed this theme. All cards here are just fabulous! xx

    ReplyDelete