13 September 2020

Stamping Sunday Blog Hop Texture Time



Hello and welcome to my first blog with the Stamping Sunday Blog Hop Team, the lovely Sara Levin recently asked my to join and I'm so excited to be joining the design team. We will be sharing certain Stampin' Up! products every second Sunday of the month.


The theme for September is Texture using Embossing Folders and Ribbon from the Stampin' Up! 2020 Mini Catalogue to our projects. The products I've combined together are the Evergreen Forest 3D Embossing Folder and Silver Metallic Mesh Ribbon. 

The three cards I've created are for a Beginner Crafter, Casual Crafter & Avid Crafter. Starting basic with very minimal colour and slowly adding more colour as I went with each card. I really love use shades of blues, white and silver for my Christmas cards. 

Beginner Crafter


Starting with Whisper White Cardstock and simply emboss the panel with the Evergreen Forest Embossing Folder. Adding a little of Wink of Stella by tapping it against another pen and the sentiment is inked up in Seaside Spray. 


Adding the Embossed panel to the Silver Foil panel, place the Silver Metallic Ribbon around the card and simply tie a smaller piece in a knot and adhere with a Glue Dot. Then add the finished panels to Thick Whisper White Cardstock. 

Casual Crafter

The second card is very similar to the first one, but with this card I've added coloured ink using a Sponge Dauber and coloured in the Whisper White Embossed panel.


Starting with Seaside Spray, I lightly added colour blending into Misty Moonlight and finishing off with Night of Navy Ink. This gave an Ombre effect to the card. 


I've added a splatter of Wink of Stella to the Embossed panel and a Silver Metallic Bow. The sentiment is inked up in Misty Moonlight Ink.

Avid Crafter

This card has more detail and techniques added to the card. Before I Embossed the Whisper White Cardstock I used the Ink Blending Technique using the same colours as the above card. 


Once the panel is Embossed, I added tiny water droplets with the Water Painter and sprinkled Wink of Stella for a pretty snow effect to the card. 



Adding a little shimmer to the Evergreen Forest by using Frost White Shimmer Paint and the fine tip Water Painter. 

I thought the Pine Wood Dies would be perfect for the snow scene, adding two different layers for the snow and lightly sponging Seaside Spray and Misty Moonlight Ink. The two trees are in Silver Foil and to finish off I've added the Silver Metallic Bow. I thought about colouring in the Metallic Ribbon with the Stampin' Blends, but I do so love it in silver. 


I've heat embossed the greeting using Versamark Ink, adding Silver Stampin' Emboss Powder and heat set with the Heat Tool. Once again adding the Silver Foil panel under the detailed Embossed panel and  this time I've used Night of Navy Cardstock for the card base.


There are so many different Embossing Folders and Ribbons in the Mini Catalogue to create with for your projects. Make sure you click on the below links to see the other designers. I can't wait to see their creations.

1. Sara Levin  
2. Tami Hewlett  
3. Jay Soriano  
4. Su Mohr  
5. Mikaela Titheridge  
6. Vicki Boucher  
7. Cheryll Miller  
8. Anne Marie Hile  

Happy crafting

Vicki Boucher













9 comments:

  1. Hey Vicki and welcome to the hop! Wow, what gorgeous projects. Can't decide, love them all. :) Isn't that Silvery Metallic ribbon amazing!! xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. All three are "wow" cards, Vicki! So fun to see the progression with color!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful projects Vicki and great demonstration of ways to use that gorgeous embossing folder!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What is “wink of Stella”?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Vicki, I love the different looks and depth you've created by adding ink to this gorgeous embossing folder! Lovely set of cards.

    ReplyDelete