23 July 2020

Your Creative Connection 112 - Return To The Fold



Hello and welcome to my first creative showcase with Your Creative Connection, I will be joining in on the Global hop around the world with other Demonstrators for the next couple of months. I hope I will inspire you with my creations.

This week our theme is 'Return To The Fold" which means anything like a Fancy Fold or Fun Fold project. I haven't ever created this type of card before and I've seen some amazing ideas, so I searched up on Pinterest to find out more about these types of cards. 



I've cased my card from the lovely Artisan Demonstrator Rochelle Blok who had created a Twist and Pop Card. She also shared a You Tube video on how to make this type of card. I'll add it at the end of this post.

The card looks simple from the outside, but once opened the inside pops out! There is a 4 panel, pop up element inside. You don't need an engineering degree either to make one of these. You'll just need Cardstock and strong adhesive, I've used Tear & Tape and Multipurpose Liquid Glue which has worked for my project.
 


My project is a Christmas card, I know it's just over 5 months away until Christmas, but I just couldn't resist on making my first Christmas Fancy Fold project. I recently received brand new products from the new Stampin' Up! August - December 2020 Mini Catalogue. Demonstrators can do this for the month of July. I've used the Snowflake Splendor Suite which is on page 36 - 38 from the Mini Catalogue, it caught my eye with the different shades of blues and it was certainly on my next Stampin' Up! order.

Stampin' Up! 2020 Mini Catalogue




I've used the stunning Snowflake Splendor Designer Series Paper which has hand painted snowflakes and wintery blues. I've combined the DSP with Night of Navy, Whisper White and Silver Foil for my card.



Here is a diagram of the measurements in cm for the card base, I've used Night of Navy, adding panels in Whisper White and finishing off with the DSP.

Cut 3 pieces in Night of Navy; 20cm x 9cm, 26cm x 9cm and 30cm x 10cm
Score where mentioned - - - - -


On the front of the card, I've embossed the Night of Navy panel using the Winter Snow Embossing Folder and also on the inside of the card, but this time I've used Whisper White. I just love all of the Snow Flakes and embossing is quick and easy!



The Snow Flakes are from the So Many Snowflakes Dies, which I've placed both inside and outside of the card. I've created white sparkle Snow Flakes with the Shimmery Crystal Effects this gives added glitter effects and a glossy lacquer to the Snow Flakes.



My sentiments are from the Snowflake Wishes Stamp Set for the one on the front of the card, I've heat embossed it in White Stampin' Emboss Powder onto Night of Navy Cardstock and then die cut out using the Stitched Rectangle Dies. The one on the inside is heat embossed in Silver Stampin' Emboss Powder onto the panel of Whisper White Cardstock.

The final touch, I've added the Balmy Blue Adhesive-Backed Gems and they also come in Night of Navy. The are so beautiful with an iridescent sheen to them. 

Now it's time to visit the lovely Dawn Olchefske in Minneapolis, USA and see her Fancy Fold project.


Here is the list of the full participants



Vicki Boucher - Australia


Barbara Meyer - Austria

Kristine McNickle - New Zealand

Jenn Tinline - Canada

Jennifer Paul - Germany


Here is the link for the You Tube tutorial on how to make this easy Fancy Fold card.

Thank you so much for stopping by!

Vicki Boucher

If you would like the new Stampin’ Up! 2020-2021 Annual Catalogue or Stampin' Up! 2020 Mini Catalogue, I would be happy to send you a copy out to you. Please contact me here.










 

1 comment:

  1. This is stunning! Love the fold and the Christmas design too!!

    ReplyDelete